Alfa Laval Clarifier – Clara 80
When producers of wine and other beverages consider using a separator for clarification purposes, flexibility and ease of operation are important issues. In production plants, the way such a separator is to be installed is also crucial. The unique design of the CLARA 80 mobile separation unit features a very small footprint, which reduces the amount of floor space needed. In order to speed up the start-up process and simplify subsequent operation, the CLARA 80 unit is delivered as a complete fully equipped system ready to install. This centrifuge is highly efficient, and provides users with an environmentally friendly alternative to earth filters.
The Centrifuge CLARA 80 mobile separation unit is specially designed for use by the wine and beverage industries. CLARA 80 is well suited to clarifying the following products:
• white grape must (free run and press juice).• young wine (still and sparkling).
• matured wine.
• fruit juices (deciduous, citrus and tropical).• coffee and tea extract.
The unit consists of a stainless steel skid fitted with a separa- tor and all the auxiliary equipment needed for safe, efficient operation.
With the exception of the VNPX 507 separator, CLARA 80 includes:
• feed valve that is automatically closed when not in produc- tion mode.
• sight glasses at both inlet and outlet.
• sample valves at both inlet and outlet.
• flow meter with volumetric totalizer.
• pressure indicator at outlet.
• regulating valve for back pressure adjustments.
• water tank with integrated pump for constant operating water supply.
• solenoid valve block for addition of operating water, and solenoid valve for automatic flushing of bowl exterior.
• A Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) starts and drives the separator motor. The VFD also has a built-in control panel to monitor and control the different functions of CLARA 80. The control panel displays information about the operation, such as operating mode and time to next discharge. It also displays alarm messages. The operator’s interface is straightforward and easy to understand.